About Foreiger & Lou Gramm
- The band is consistently in the Top 15 at Classic Rock Radio. As a result of the depth of the catalog, the band gets more airplay at this important format than Tom Petty, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Def Leppard, U2, Bruce Springsteen, The Who and most of its peers.
- Foreigner have 9 Top 10 hits (that’s just one less than The Eagles, as many as Fleetwood Mac, and more than Journey, Crosby, Stills and Nash, ZZ Top, Bad Company, The Steve Miller Band, Alice Cooper, Genesis, Def Leppard, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Robert Plant and a whole lot more).
- Foreigner ‘4’ spent more weeks on the Billboard chart at #1 than any album by AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, U2, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Genesis, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton and any artist in Atlantic Records’ 60 year history.
- Their hit single, Waiting For A Girl Like You was #2 on the singles chart for a total of 14 weeks. This is a record in the history of Billboard magazine. It helped drive Foreigner to #49 on Billboard’s Hot 100 All Time Top Artists Chart. To put that in perspective, The Eagles are #54, Fleetwood Mac are #73 and Aerosmith are #90.
- In April 2012, NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart presented Mick Jones with an RIAA award for 500,000 digital downloads of Foreigner's 1981 Top 30 hit Juke Box Hero. This song has become Foreigner's most played and most requested song at Classic Rock Radio.
Foreigner have sixteen Top 30 hits. They are:
|I want to know what love is #1||Cold as ice #6|
|Waiting for a girl like you #2||That was yesterday #12|
|Double vision #2||Dirty white boy #12|
|Hot blooded #3||Head games #14|
|Urgent #4||Blue morning blue day #15|
|Feels like the first time #4||Long, long way from home #20|
|I don't want to live without you #5||Juke box hero #26|
|Say you will #6||
Break it up #26 |